View Single Post
Old 04-30-18, 08:01 AM   #10 (permalink)
Andy_G
Forum Moderator

Re: I fed my boa too big of a rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallBuster7653 View Post
Im Interested Andy what is your feeding formula? Anyone else
I feed accordingly...some of the things I observe and consider would be when the last meal was passed, how big that meal was and approximately how long ago it was fed, is it breeding season, is the snake looking for food, how quick is that individuals/species metabolism, strength of feeding response, and so on. Not always a set schedule or "formula", not always the same food size or food type. This has been the case for the thirty or so different species I have had the pleasure to keep and breed over the last 17 or so years and I have raised many hatchlings that I produced to breeding size and then bred them, so I am happy with how I do things and don't think they need a regular regimen to be healthy, nor do I think it will always produce a better growth rate or a longer lived animal. I think feeding regimens/schedules/formulas are great for people who don't have the experience to do the forementioned though, or appropriate if one has a very large collection of individuals of the same species in order to create an upkeep routine. In my opinion, in regards to this species we are talking about, feeding the way you describe is too much food, but that's not to say that i'm right and you're wrong. I also think that BSG feeds a bit on the light side, but once again, not necessarily a question of right or wrong. Feeding is a topic that no matter how one phrases how or or what they do, not everyone will agree on...but I will mention when I think what is being advised is too much food.

Last edited by Andy_G; 04-30-18 at 08:23 AM..
Login to remove ads