View Single Post
Old 01-11-18, 11:25 AM   #21 (permalink)
Scubadiver59

Re: Late Holiday Purchase...

Well, you know what they say about the "best laid plans of mice and men" don't you?

Well, Muryphy's Law kicked in as well...

Here's the snake that was advertised on KingSnake.com:

And here's what I got:

Needless to say I'm a bit pissed about this transaction. The snake wasn't a lot, $250 w/shipping, but come on...this snake is not the snake advertised and it has some serious scale damage. Not major damage that's life threatening, but damage that will take a vet visit.

I contacted the seller, whom will remain anonymous for now, and said he had several options:
1. Send me my money back and send extra to pay for shipping the snake back...I'm not paying to send it back.
2. Send me the snake advertised, and again send money to cover shipping the "damaged" snake back. He pays for everything.
3. Negotiate with me to have me keep the snake, but it will still include refunding some of my original payment to cover vet bills.

Or, do nothing and I contact PayPal to get my money back, the Better Business Bureau, and who knows who else to complain about the transaction. Then comes dragging his name through the mud on every forum I can find that deals with reptiles.

I understand that the seller deals mainly with 'hots', but that's no excuse for sending an injured animal to someone and not identifying the injuries before the sale is complete. And before you ask, no, I didn't ask if the animal was injured, I shouldn't have to.

Well, I better get off to work. The snake is resting in a temp tub (110L Sterilite) for now. It has moss for humidity, water, a hide, and a pole to hang around on once it warms up after its journey.

Last edited by Scubadiver59; 01-11-18 at 11:38 AM.. Reason: Pictures got in the way during original posting
Scubadiver59 is offline   Reply With Quote