View Single Post
Old 01-03-18, 03:28 PM   #14 (permalink)
Roman

Re: Late Holiday Purchase...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scubadiver59 View Post
Then that would mean that one would need an 7'-8' cage...pray, tell me, who has one of those?
I keep my Gonyosomas in an enclosure 120 x 80 x 150 cm (ca 4 x 3 x 5 ft). I would prefer to give them some more length, but this is what I have right now. It seems to be OK so far, the snakes prefer more vertical space than horizontal space.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjhill001 View Post
Is it WC? It appears that it's being kept in a tub at the moment, if it's an established LTC or CB it's probably not gonna react much differently in the enclosure that he's planning to use.

What the snake is showing in the picture is the first stage of itís defensive behavior. Inflating the neck and tongue flickering. My trio are CB, I have them since 2013 and they will still react defensive if I come from above them. Occasionally they will bite even in situations they would usually just be curious, they are sometimes a little unpredictable. So I doubt that this kind of behavior will fade with time, especially if most movements will be above the snake.

Roman
1,0 Lampropeltis triangulum campbelli, 1,2 Gonyosoma oxycephalum, 1,2 Philodryas baroni, 1,2 Spilotes pullatus, 2,1 Spilotes sulphureus, 0,1 Gonyosoma boulengeri, 1,1 Zamenis longissimus, 0,1 Malpolon sp., 1,1 Malpolon monspessulanus