View Single Post
Old 12-08-17, 09:50 PM   #22 (permalink)
SnoopySnake

Re: Colombian Rainbow Boa Won’t Eat. Tried Everything. Need Help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbrax View Post
Ok sorry for the delay in answering. Had some stuff going on. The lamp is just a metal lamp I picked up from home depot with a 75W night time heat bulb in it. I'm using the lamp because the ambient temp in my home is usually only 69-70, and the heat pads alone can only heat the hot spot to around 75-76. The lamp allows me to hold the hot spot at around 85. It is controlled by the thermostat just like the mats, so it turns on and off periodically. I am trying to feed white fuzzy mice, I've tried ones that were about 2-3 inches, and ones that were a little smaller. Neither have shown any interest. I feel if I took a picture the camera would make the mice look bigger/smaller than they actually are. If my house was hotter, I wouldn't be using the heat lamp, but my family prefers the temp to be around 70. I try too feed only at night time and heat the mouse up prior. Yes, he does flick his tongue.
If you can I would advise leaving your heat mats on the thermostat and putting your lamp on a tabletop dimmer so that the temperature is steady and the lamp won't be turning on and off, the constant on and off can cause your bulbs to blow very quick. I guess my main advice would be to cut back to offering ever 7 days and if you are really worried you can try live. Try leaving the mouse in the enclosure overnight as well, he may be a little shy and not want to eat around you. I ask for a photo of the mice next to the snake to see if they are too big or too small for the snake is all.