View Single Post
Old 12-06-17, 09:32 AM   #6 (permalink)
DJC Reptiles

Re: Colombian Rainbow Boa Won’t Eat. Tried Everything. Need Help.

Continue to offer food every five days, your boa should decide to eat at some point. It doesn't seem you have any problems with your husbandry just try not to worry. Also, make sure you're not handling your snake at all, until the boa is on a steady feeding schedule. Make sure to get a scale, they are pretty cheap on Amazon. If you are worried about your snake not drinking you can place him in a container with water (don't drown him, he should still be able to comftorably rest his body without his snout underwater. You can place a rock in the container to do this). This isn't necessary but it won't hurt your snake and is just a precautionary measure. Preferably don't move your snake until he is eating regularly. Just because the snake is not using its mouth does not mean there is something wrong with it. Snakes usually will not bite and instead will just try to "run" away. My advice is to not be to worried, when I was first starting as a snake keeper I would look at every little tiny thing with my snakes. I learned snakes are living animals, and not every snake will act or look the same as someone else's. Don't bother the snake until they eat, it is better to feed in the enclosure they are in, then a separate feeding enclosure.

Last edited by DJC Reptiles; 12-06-17 at 09:52 AM..
DJC Reptiles is offline   Reply With Quote