View Single Post
Old 11-20-17, 04:51 AM   #6 (permalink)
SerpentineDream

Re: King Snake got out...

I never had escapees until I started keeping kings and milks. A black milk snake spent 2 months or better on the lam in our basement and a Florida king snake is hiding somewhere in our snake room even now. They are little Houdinis.

I suggest baiting a milk jug or soda bottle with a rodent if the animal is slim enough to fit inside. Otherwise perhaps make a tent with some newspaper and bait with both food and water. Place it next to a wall as they like to move along walls. Appliances that get warm will be attractive hiding spots too. I found one in a bookcase wedged between a couple of books once. Snakes are territorial and I have sometimes found them only a few feet from their cages, by all appearances just wanting to go back home.
0.1 Hog Island Boa, 0.1 Woma Python, 3.3 Ball Pythons, 1.1 Stimson's Pythons, 2.3 Western Hognoses, 8.8 Corns, 1.1 Mexican Milks, 2.2 Black Milks, 1.1 CA Kings, 1.1 FL Kings, 1.1 CA Red-Sided Garters, 2.3 Trans-Pecos Rats, 1.2 Russian Rats, 1.1 Cape Houses, 1.2 W. African Olive Houses, 1.1 Olive Houses
SerpentineDream is offline   Reply With Quote