View Single Post
Old 11-14-17, 12:30 AM   #3 (permalink)
samiam1796

Re: feeling guilty about feeding

I am a fairly new owner of a baby kenyan sand boa, and I completely understand what you mean about feeding. I also love all animals and have owned rodents in the past. It seems like a hard thing to think about, however once you own the snake, the thought of giving a mouse for food becomes much easier because all you can see is a hungry little animal who I am sure you want to keep happy. Once they are your pet and you form a bond with them, you will do what it takes to keep them healthy and happy. I can say that from experience because I swore I would never feed a live mouse, however when my baby KSB was refusing to eat, I had to resort in feeding him live pinkies. I wasn't thrilled, however it got him to eat which made me happy in the end. The best piece of advice I have is to try and get it to feed in it's enclosure or a separate container (whichever you prefer) and just leave it in there with the feeder and walk away, that way you do not have to participate. HOWEVER, you should be prepared that if that does not work, you may have to participate and do the zombie dance with the feeder.

Best of luck!
samiam1796 is offline   Reply With Quote