View Single Post
Old 10-11-17, 06:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
Mrr

Re: Hatchling won't eat

As far as I know, she's in a 6qt tub in a rack set up. The girl who's taking care of her is much more knowledgeable than I am (I've only owned one ball python and a few corns in the past).. So I'm trusting that her husbandry is correct. From what I was told (by the woman boarding her) when I got her, she's skinny - her spine protruded slightly.. but apparently she seems happy and healthy otherwise.

She's said that she's tried live already, and even live ASF pinkies, but no luck. If you guys aren't concerned however, then I won't be either. She pooped out her yolk only this past weekend, so I'm hoping that means she'll be ready to eat by this coming weekend. I know they're considering force feeding her, but only as a last resort. It's so strange only hearing updates from others. It'll be nice when I can bring her home finally.. although to be honest, I'm grateful that they have her, as they're more knowledgeable and will have more ideas to get her to eat than I would have.

All that being said.. I'm curious.. how long do most hatchlings go before eating? Ive never had a ball python thats so young before. My last one was already a few years old and a great eater when I'd gotten him so this is all new to me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20171008_135657_607.jpg (55.8 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20171011_173214_682.jpg (40.2 KB, 41 views)
Mrr is offline   Reply With Quote