View Single Post
Old 09-08-17, 01:57 PM   #8 (permalink)
Minkness
Forum Moderator

Send a message via Skype™ to Minkness
Re: What's the deal with scaleless snakes?

Just throwing this out there, but scaleless snakes HAVE actually been found in the wild. One guy on this very forum found a juvie (not a baby) scaleless garter snake in the woods.

I personally appreciate the consideration taken to hybrid and mutate genetics as it is another way to learn about the world we live in. Curiosity isn't a bad thing. What's bad is when it affects the animal in a negative way. Like English bull dogs and their problems...those are BAD. It affects their every day life in a painful uncomfortable way that leads to ridiculously short life spans.

That being said, research has shown that the lack of scales on snakes does not show any negative affects. They have looked into such things as moisture retention, UV exposure, mobility, ect and have found that the animal is not impacted by any of those things (and more) by the lacking of their scales.

No, I do not have medical journals on file to share regarding this research, but I am sure you can find the same information in Google it talking to the people who actually breed these animals.

That all said, I rather like the feel of the scaleless snakes as I am a tactile person and appreciate the different feel and textures if different animals.

I stopped counting at 30....
Minkness is offline   Reply With Quote