View Single Post
Old 05-18-17, 01:07 PM   #14 (permalink)
sattva

Re: Everyone asks me why?!

When I was a little boy around 1958 I was living 30 miles south of LA... I happen to of caught a California king snake... For two weeks I hauled that poor thing everywhere until it escaped... In that two weeks I had build a rapport with this animal...

Now that I am retired with nothing to do and my wife telling me for 6 years that I need to get a hobby, I remembered that experience I had as a young boy and thought why not a snake...

I originally thought I'd get one really cool snake; One that would challenge me, an exsotic amimal that I can be proud of.... I knew I like Retics... Their one of the few snakes that looks like the head is in proportion to their body... I saw one with silvery blue eyes and that's what I wanted until my wife said "YOU'RE NOT SPENDING A $1000.oo ON A SNAKE"... So she limits me to $200.oo including the habitat... About the only thing that excited me at the time in my price range was a couple of Albino checkered garter snakes... That's when I learned I don't like small snake that you have feed small living fish twice a week... One thing lead to another and now I have about $1500.oo invested into 5 snakes that I really, really love...

Why Snakes? I like the way they feel in your hands, the fact they have no limbs and still can be intimidating with just a mouth... The fact you don't have to feed them that often compared to lets say like my dog who barks at me every night when he wants something... I like the type of rapport I have with my guys... The fact that I have to gain their trust and them mine... A mutual agreement so to speak... Why do I like snakes? their just so damn cool...
Leon- 1.0 Lemon Ball, aka Russo Het White Diamond Ball Python... Crystal's boyfriend...
sattva is offline   Reply With Quote