View Single Post
Old 03-17-17, 03:20 PM   #11 (permalink)
Andy_G
Forum Moderator

Re: Do you like scaleless snakes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by whistlepig View Post
I agree with most that find them unappealing, but am curious about those who site the unnaturalness and evolution. The same could certainly be said about many different color morphs (at least in terms of survivability in a natural setting). I assume these scale-less snakes survive and reproduce in captivity. Do these animals suffer from any known issues that result from their lack of scales or is it just a matter of reaching some tipping point of difference from what a normal snake is supposed to look like? I promise I am not trying to start anything, I just have never heard of these before and am genuinely curious.
Simple colouration mutations (morphs) versus structural mutations (disfigurations). Not one in the same to me. Not everyone will agree of course...i'm against jags and spiders too but I am outnumbered there! To me it's like purposely breeding for kinks. There have been issues with some lines of scaleless (strange growths, skin issues of all kinds) but I am uncertain how common they are. I could just be old school and just uncertain of the unknown, and maybe my opinion will change, but for now and for the forseeable future...no thank you.
Andy_G is offline   Reply With Quote