View Single Post
Old 01-03-17, 09:02 AM   #20 (permalink)
SWDK

Re: Mites!!!! OMG we have mites!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_G View Post
As far as Nix treatment, yes it's the same that you get at the drug store and I believe it comes in a 56 mL bottle. You use 1 of these bottles to 1 gallon of water, preferably distilled. You can spray the snakes, the cages, and the surrounding areas with nix. I would advise doing so twice a week for at least a month. With this kind of dilution, there are only a few species that would be over exposed (hognose snakes and garter snakes come to mind). I won't touch PAM myself because 1. it's more expensive, 2. Much higher change of adverse effects and 3. Nix has always worked for me.
So far the Nix is fine for both of my adult garters. I've treated them a few times over the past 2 months and they haven't shown any strange behavior. Just wanted to add my experience with my garters, but it may not be the norm.
2 Black Rats,1 Dwarf Retic,2 Texas Indigo,1 Albino Chinese Beauty,1 Bull,1 Tiger Rat,1 Black Milk,1 Apricot Pueblan,1 YT Cribo,2 Garters,7 Corn Snakes,1 Brooksi,1 VBB,1 MBK,1 Everglades Rat,1 Bairds Rat,1 Albino Cal King,1 Pied BP,1 Dumerils Boa,2 Rattlesnakes
SWDK is offline   Reply With Quote
Login to remove ads