View Single Post
Old 10-08-16, 10:28 PM   #51 (permalink)
bigsnakegirl785

Re: BRB Losing Scales?

He usually regurges within 4 days, about 2-3 days after eating.

78F is when the heat tape is turned off (Hydrofarms have a 2 or 3 degree differential that you cannot change), and 81F is the hot spot temperature that I aim for, so that is where the heat tape maxes out at. With heating elements like RHPs and CHEs, the temps continue to rise for a few more degrees after being shut off, so the difference in temperatures would be even greater, but that doesn't seem the case with heat tape.

I'm going to raise his heat tape to 85F and see that helps, but I cannot offer any more food until the 21st. Ambients in the room are usually in the low to mid-80's but the moist bedding lowers the temps in his tub by a couple degrees. The temps are dropping at night now that the nights are cold, but once it gets much colder I'll be kicking up the strength of the heater and it will warm back up. Sanji and Morzan are by the window, so they'll still be colder than the rest of the collection, though.

Dave Colling keeps his babies' hot spot at 78-79F and his adults up to 82F or 83F iirc. (Not sure if that's the Dave you're referring to.)
0.0.1 ball python Bud - 3.3 BI Cloud, sunglow Nymeria, ghost Tirel, anery motley Crona, ghost Howl, jungle Dominika - 2.0 garter snake eastern Demigod, checkered Draco - 0.1 retic Riverrun - 1.1 BRB Sanji, hypo Homura - RIP Guin and Morzan, 1.1 Picasso stripe BRB