View Single Post
Old 09-21-16, 01:44 AM   #26 (permalink)
bigsnakegirl785

Re: BRB Losing Scales?

Ok I got those new photos I promised....he's so absolutely tiny in person it's hard to make anything out. Looking at these photos straight off the camera, it doesn't look like an infection. It does look more like dry scales except they're mostly fully formed, mostly neat, and not shriveled at all. The only thing is they look...clear. The bits where I thought it was discoloration from an infection actually look to be pigmentation in these photos. This is all so weird.

There are a couple messed up scales to the far right of the affected area but that's about it.

Is it possible to just get random dry scales despite high humidity? I mean, he looks perfectly hydrated in every other aspect of his body but...

I work tomorrow so I won't have a chance to call the vet, but I'll keep an eye on him and at least get a consultation over the phone to see about a fungal test but I'm starting to wonder if that's what that is now.

0.0.1 ball python Bud - 3.3 BI Cloud, sunglow Nymeria, ghost Tirel, anery motley Crona, ghost Howl, jungle Dominika - 2.0 garter snake eastern Demigod, checkered Draco - 0.1 retic Riverrun - 2.1 BRB Sanji, hypo Homura, Picasso stripe Morzan - RIP Guin, 0.1 Picasso stripe BRB
bigsnakegirl785 is offline   Reply With Quote