View Single Post
Old 08-20-16, 09:16 PM   #41 (permalink)
SWDK

Re: Cottonmouth!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FWK View Post

I finally have my Cottonmouth! The past two years a major goal of mine has been to collect a neonate Cottonmouth in the field, as they are very hard to come by captive bred. To that end I spent hundreds of hours in the field at a number of Cottonmouth "hotspots" in search of my quarry. I found adults by the dozen, but failed to turn up a single neonate. Frustrating, to say the least. Going into this year I decided to widen my search criteria a bit, and it quickly paid off with a lucky find. I'll have the whole story, along with many more pictures, in the fall 2016 report in my herping thread. In the meantime I present "Joe," the newest member of my little collection. I don't name my snakes, but a friend insisted calling this one Joe, after the song "Cotton-Eyed Joe."
Great find and addition to your collection. We share the same goal in collecting a neonate, although you've succeeded and I'm still on my quest. Congrats!!!
2 Black Rats,2 Retics,2 Texas Indigo,1 Albino Chinese Beauty,1 Bull,1 Black Milk,1 YT Cribo,1 Albino Garter,5 Corn Snakes,1 Brooksi,1 VBB,1 MBK,1 Bairds Rat,1 Albino Cal King,1 Pied BP,1 Dumerils Boa,2 Rattlesnakes
SWDK is offline   Reply With Quote